Friday, February 3, 2012

100 Days Smarter!!

 When I am a 100 years old I will look like........





I am so proud my students we brought 130 items for Women's Protective Services. Thank you parents for making it possible.


 We made a bar graph of the items. 

 We categorized the items, counted them by 2's,5's 10's.
 Last Friday we went and read to Mrs. Howard's Kindergarten class.We downloaded a story on the IPods and read the story off of it. The students did a great job!
I made the room pitch dark. The students used flashlights to find their sight words around the room. They loved it!
 Happy late groundhog day! The students made predictions on whether the groundhog would see his shadow or not. 

 To practice inferring, the students pulled items out of my purse and tried to figure out what it meant.
 Our Doubles Rap- Students create an Ipod and would 'play' double songs!

Our story next week is Where Does Food Come From. We are finishing our math unit on story problems. The assessment will be on Tuesday. In science we are studying Night and Day. Our sight words this week is- first, food, ground, right, sometimes, these, under, your.