Friday, January 13, 2012

From our class

Today we talked today about Martin Luther King and his dream. The students shared how they could make the world a better place, no matter how young they are. 


We studied -ake word families. We made snakes on a cake. Students wrote -ake words on their snake.
 I found a interesting site over the break. You type in your message and it pulls up actual buildings all over the word to spell your message. We did it with our site words. Geogreeting
 In science we studied clouds. We read Little Cloud by Eric Carle. Students held up parts of the story as we read. 
 I found some new math apps that are perfect for my students. Students also use my old iPhone to listen to stories and use apps. 
This is birthday weekend! Happy birthday Isiarius, Makenzie, and Austen!

Our Readers Theater went great! We got to see our friend Zachary, who used to be in our class. I was so proud of the kids! 
Our reading story this week is Animal Groups. In science we are studying seasons. I moved our Time math assessment until Wednesday. I felt like the students needed more time to practice. Spelling list 13 Sight words: bird, fly, those, both, long, walk, eyes, or